CooperAitken care very much about the community and towns they are in, supporting many clubs, organisations and events in the local community. For the latest on community acticites and sponsorship click here
Our Directors and staff are currently actively supporting...
- I have been a Lion’s member for the past 16 years and have had various positions.
- The school fundraising scrap metal drive
- I also help Lions with fundraising and local projects;
- Lion’s fundraising - picking up dead calves
- Lion’s projects - shifting the waka and skate board bowl.
My Current Community Roles are:
- Rugby - last year I was an assistant coach and I am now managing the team this year.
- Every 20 years the Lion’s Club holds a convention to be held in 2014 my part is helping putting this together as the Secretary.
- Treasurer for Lion’s for the past 10 years
- Recently President of Lions
If my work wasn’t so demanding, I would offer my services a lot more to the community.
- A member of Business Networking International that supports Hospice
- Hamilton Christian School - school hockey,
- Summer hockey for interested children and parents,
- Kobukan School of Martial Arts
My current community roles are:
- Head Coach
- Team Coach of The Centurions (intermediate team)
- Umpire for secondary boys team and
- Secondary girls team, umpire when required
- Cover other umpires as required.
- Karate – Club Secretary and co-teacher for the 12-17 year olds class
- Teach adults classes when required.
- Summer hockey is intermediate and secondary kids and a few dads organised by me and playing against adult teams in the summer hockey competition to improve skills, have camaraderie and because the kids enjoy the game so much.
I love to see and support young people and help them to achieve their potential and in doing so set up a positive coaching environment. I believe if you see a need and can do something about it you should help this helps to build better communities.