Looking or change?
Work with a dynamic, progressive, community and culture focused organisation like us! Join our team and enjoy our supportive environment, while progressing your career, and enjoying a well balanced work/life.
Open Expression of Interest
If you would like to express your interest in working with us, in either a professional accounting or administration role,
please do not hesitate to email us:
Accountants - Intermediate & Senior
Are you looking for an opportunity to balance lifestyle while working for an established, professional and people-driven company?
Would you like to explore opportunities to broaden your career; gain skills through professional development in a trusted and established work environment?
Due to business growth, we are seeking accountants of Intermediate and Senior levels to join us across our Waikato offices.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge;
- Tertiary qualification in relevant field or equivalent experience
- Two to five years (depending on level) of chartered accounting or commercial accounting experience
- Proven experience using a range of accounting software
- Keeps up to date with the latest accounting and regulatory developments
- Ability to identify business and taxation issues as they arise
- Experience and competence in appropriate programs and applications used across the division
What we’re looking for;
- A person with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Someone who can work collaboratively as part of a wider team and build relationships with clients and other third parties
- A hard worker who is proactive and able to take direction from peers and colleagues
- Good communication skills
All applicants must have the legal ability to work in New Zealand. A job summary is a available upon request.
CooperAitken is a leading provincial accountancy practice delivering professional services to the greater Waikato region and beyond. The firm has been providing accountancy, taxation, business, farming and specialty services and advice to rural, commercial, and family businesses for over 100 years.
- You will support directors and marketing administration
- This is an important part of the business with the day-to-day operations
- This would suit someone who is incredibly organised, ambitious and has the ability to prioritising workload either in a PA or Senior Administrator role
- This position is based in our Morrinsville office
Skills and Experience:
- Must have experience as an PA/Senior Administrator
- Ability to always handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Excellent communication skill and confident phone manner
- Keen and able to pick up new tasks
- Must have expert level in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- High command of English, both written and verbal
- Previous experience in a role which highlights your skills
- Be able to follow processes and multi-task when required
- A strong ability to prioritise and juggle competing demands
Applicants must have the legal ability to work in New Zealand.
Applications will be reviewed after 12th January 2022
Legal & Trust Administrator
Our Legal and Trust Administration service is part of our strong team of over 100, providing a diverse range of specialist skills and industry experience. Due to client and division growth, the Legal, Trust & Governance team are seeking a new administrator with legal or a high level secretarial experience.
The position will be based in Morrinsville and supporting our clients throughout the Waikato.
Who are we?
CooperAitken is a multi-branch Chartered Accountancy business with a long established history of providing accounting excellence to our rural, commercial and family clients.
Our philosophy is to work closely with our clients assisting them to grow and develop.
Offering the best in accountancy services, taxation advice, business and farming services, human resources advice, business software support, trustee and trust administration and ACC services, we maintain a passion and commitment to our clients, staff and community – to add value and be the best provider of services we offer.
As a Legal & Trust Administrator you will work alongside our existing internal lawyer and legal executive to ensure our client’s business, legal and structural requirements are met. Appropriate training and support for the successful candidate will be provided.
- Internal team and client support
- Annual Trust Compliance duties
- Organisation and review of Trust, Company and Legal documents
- Liasing with other professionals for Trust and Company administration and transactions
- Administration support and document drafting
- Governance duties at Trust and Client Board meetings
Skills, Experience and Competencies
- Be relationship focused to build strong interpersonal skills with clients, staff and professional peers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to use and adapt to Microsoft Office software packages
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines with a high attention to detail
- High level or review, drafting and compliance capability
- Driven to grow their legal skill-base
- Have experience and focus on Trust management and Company Governance
- You will be able to demonstrate a proven ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week; Monday to Friday – specific workday hours TBC.
What do you need to do next?
If you think this role could be for you and you wish to work with a dynamic and progressive organisation, apply now.
All applicants must have the legal ability to work in New Zealand.
A job description is available upon request.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
Applications close 29 May 2022.