Moving Day Tips
- Remember to count your livestock and supplement on hand
- Complete a house inspection (both of the property you are moving out of and the one you are moving into). Get the tenancy clause of your IEA signed to confirm in both cases the properties are up to standard (or agreed issues).
- Check that new property is certified drug free.
- Do a final meter reading for your power and a new meter reading at your new property.
- Set up your utility’s (power, phone/internet)
- Use NZ post mail redirection services (so you don’t miss anything important).
- Change your insurance address and contact details, make sure you are covered from day one. Also check if your insurance covers any moving day incidents.
- Make sure you have plenty of petrol, food, baby/kid supplies (clothes, snacks, nappy’s) for moving day
- Arrange baby sitters for young ones if possible and set their rooms up early so they feel at home.
- Change your key mailing addresses for things like drivers licence and vehicle registration details (can usually be done on-line but are often easy to forget)
- If you have dogs, change your address details with your local council for registration purposes.
- Make sure that you familiarize yourself with the locations of key local needs such as schools, community groups (churches, sporting groups), doctors, vet clinics etc.