2013 Dairy Farming Averages Reports
Our 2013 Dairy Farming averages reports are now available - Again we have combined our statistics with DairyBase, which provides a better understanding of the New Zealand dairy farm businesses.
These reports should assist you to identify areas of your business where you are performing and where you might be able to change and increase your profitability.
Click on the links below to access the correct farming segment
Highlights for 2013
- Profit per hectare dropped between 15.2% to 54.2% across the categories
- Dairy farming production per hectare dropped between 4.8% and 10.6% across the categories
- Milk solids per cow were also down between 6.4% to 7.4% across the categories
- While Farm Owners and Farm Owners with Sharemilkers managed to control costs seeing a small decrease in Total Dairy Operating Expenses per Hectare (2.3% and 3.5% respectively) Sharemilkers had an increase of 4%.
- Fertiliser costs dropped across all categories by 11.8% to 15.8%
Maximise the value
To really benefit from these reports you need to request a personalised one. This will benchmark your farm against the Group. Powerful information to allow you to easily see the areas of your business which are out performing others and those where you might want to consider changes to increase profitability.
To obtain a personalised report, contact your Partner and they will organise this for you, at a cost of $150.00
Highlights for 2011
- Dairy farming operating profitability per hectare is up compared with 2010; doubled for Sharemilkers
- Dairy farming production per hectare is up compared to 2010. With our clients achieving better than the national average
- Farm working expenses up and in some cases by 18%
- Feed costs up across all categories with owner operators now at $500 per cow
- Fertiliser up by an average of approx 16% per hectare
- Interest costs are down and labour costs remaining static
Return to services