2012 Dairy Farming Averages Reports
Our 2012 Dairy Farming averages reports are now available - Again we have combined our statistics with DairyBase, which provides a better understanding of the New Zealand dairy farm businesses.
These reports should assist you to identify areas of your business where you are performing and where you might be able to change and increase your profitability.
Click on the links below to access the correct farming segment
Highlights for 2012
- Dairy farming production per hectare continued the trend upwards between 7.7% and 13.3% across the categories
- Dairy farming operating profit per hectare continued to grow in 2012 however a large contribution towards this came from increases in livestock values rather than lower costs
- Milk solids per cow has increased for all and by 15% for owner operators
- Farm working expenses are down when compared to milk solids but only down in absolute terms for Owners with ShareMilker
- Repairs and maintenance expenses per hectare increased for all between 14.3% and 31.2%.
- Interest costs are down per Ha across the board
Maximise the value
To really benefit from these reports you need to request a personalised one. This will benchmark your farm against the Group. Powerful information to allow you to easily see the areas of your business which are out performing others and those where you might want to consider changes to increase profitability.
To obtain a personalised report, contact your Partner and they will organise this for you, at a cost of $150.00
Highlights for 2011
- Dairy farming operating profitability per hectare is up compared with 2010; doubled for Sharemilkers
- Dairy farming production per hectare is up compared to 2010. With our clients achieving better than the national average
- Farm working expenses up and in some cases by 18%
- Feed costs up across all categories with owner operators now at $500 per cow
- Fertiliser up by an average of approx 16% per hectare
- Interest costs are down and labour costs remaining static
Return to services