Current Vacancies at CooperAitken
Are you a Top Performer? If so let’s talk.
We are looking for a skilled Senior Accountant/Reviewer (BAS).
Our firm offers compliance and business advisory services to a diverse farming and SME clientele.
Due to on-going growth we are looking to add another team member. This role is pitched at senior level and is primarily a review function. We are looking for a technically competent professional with a strong grounding in financial reporting, and tax. In order to be successful in this role, you will most likely have 5+ years of BAS experience in a reputable CA firm and have been a proven performer in your role.
You would be responsible for:
- The review of accounting and tax jobs by professional staff at various levels
- Staying up to date with technical and legislative developments
- Preparation of more complex client accounts
- A variety of project work
The successful applicant will:
- Have at least 5 years comprehensive hands on experience in a reputable New Zealand CA environment
- Preferably be CA qualified or equivalent experience qualified
- Have executed Accounts Review work and be technically competent in a range BAS skills with an emphasis on compliance work and the review of compilation assignments
- Have strong Tax, Farming and SME business knowledge including being up to date with current tax information
- Have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate well internally and externally
- Have a passion to help team members learn and succeed and be able to relate to team members at various stages of their careers
- Be a friendly, down-to-earth team player as personality fit is extremely important
- Show attention to detail, excellent time management skills, the ability to work well under pressure and be able to handle multiple projects
- Have a strong client focus with the ability to work well with them and within expected deadlines
- Highly competent in the preparation of financial statements and tax returns
In return we will provide
- A friendly, fun and supportive environment
- On-going training that will keep you up to date with technical and legislative developments
- Exposure to a wide range of clients and industries
- Opportunities to work on a range of work
- Excellent work/life balance
- This Morrinsville based role has easy access from Hamilton, Cambridge, Matamata, Te Aroha and Paeroa.
CooperAitken Ltd is a large CA firm incorporating family values. We care about our clients and our team. We are not your average Chartered Accounting firm. Our objective is to become the No. 1 Provincial Services Provider in the Greater Waikato. Our emphasis is on helping clients to grow their business.
So let’s talk.
Please forward your CV and letter of application to Jenny Hawthorn at CooperAitken Ltd, PO Box 23, Morrinsville 3340 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be able to legally work in NZ.
Intermediate Accountant – Is it time for a change?
CooperAitken Ltd is a large Morrinsville and Matamata CA firm incorporating family values. We care about our clients and our team. We are not your average Chartered Accounting firm. Our objective is to become the No. 1 Provincial Services Provider in the Greater Waikato. Our emphasis is on helping clients to grow their business.
We have fantastic new opening for an Intermediate Accountant to join our Morrinsville team.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Excellent communication skills including English as a first language or equivalent proficiency
- An ability to handle multiple projects
- A strong client focus
- Strong computer confidence and knowledge
- Be a team player with the ability to work unsupervised
- Experience working in a New Zealand Chartered Accountants office
- Experience in payroll processing for a multiple entity business
- Experience in completing New Zealand GST returns, Annual Financial Statements and Tax returns
- A desire to learn and help others
- Flexibility to work on any task they are given
Being a rural based practice some knowledge of the farming sector would be an advantage but is not essential.
We can provide
- Stimulating work with variety and challenge
- An ability to grow in your profession
- A flexible work environment
- A friendly atmosphere with great work life balance
Experience and a proven track record are more important in this role than a formal qualification.
If you consider you have the necessary skills outlined above and you wish to become part of our great team please forward your CV and letter of application to Jenny Hawthorn at CooperAitken Ltd, PO Box 23, Morrinsville 3340 or email to email@example.com
Applicants must be able to legally work in NZ.
Read more about our team
What our current team members think of working at CooperAitken
Return to Careers